Friday, September 16, 2016

The Drowning Game by LS Hawker

Gah! This book isn't on wikipedia so I can't refresh my memory.

Yes, another overdue review. And it seems this one will be very quick.

This is basically an action novel with an ass-kicking protagonist who is both on the run and in search of answers. Petty Moshen is 21 and experiencing her first dose of freedom after her overly-protective father's death. Raised as a shut-in, Petty learned from her father a very particular set of skills. Upon her father's death, she stands to inherit his wealth, under one condition. And that condition is unthinkable.

GDit all I can't remember exactly what the twists and turns were in this book, but according to Goodreads they are there aplenty. And I can't comment on the ending because I can't remember for the life of me what it was. Don't take the fact that I can't remember anything as evidence that it's a sucky book. My memory is pretty much like this for everything I read and watch. Which is one of the reasons I started my blog. No. The irony is not lost on me.

What I do remember is that I read the book straight through, not literally, but without reading other books in-between (which is a way of saying I enjoyed the book). I didn't feel the story was terribly realistic, but given this acceptance, I was along for the ride. It wasn't life-changing, but an okay way to spend my time. No regrets, but no rave review either.


No comments:

Post a Comment